Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Google Buys Slide for $182 Million, Getting More Serious about Social Games „We’ve just learned that Google has agreed to buy Slide for $182 million, in a deal to be announced Friday.“
- RIAA Defends Lawsuit Spending… But Reminds Everyone How It Helps Screw Over Musicians „But it's becoming increasingly clear that of the money that actually comes in from these lawsuits, very little of it ever is seen by the artists the labels claim they're protecting.“
- Groupon CEO Andrew Mason On Google, Clones, And Other Things That Don’t Worry Him „Asked about the possible entry of Google into the market, Mason facetiously responded, “Google, Oh My God!”. And Mason said that Amazon (and Woot, which it recently acquired) were primarily focused on consumer products, while Groupon caters more to local businesses.“
- How to Make YouTube Embeds Less YouTube-y „Tutorialzine walks you through the process using a jQuery plugin and the YouTube Data API. You can download the plugin and use it directly, or go through the tutorial and understand how it works. The YouTube logo in the lower right of the video remains, but everything else is customizable: add your own controls, progress bar and other chrome.“
- AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile make plans to replace credit cards with smartphones „Soon you’ll be able to make purchases in the U.S. by waving your smartphone, if AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile have their way. The carriers are partnering for a joint venture that will aim to displace credit and debit cards, sources familiar with the matter tell Bloomberg.“
- Using Google Wave in the Enterprise „For many teams, the clearest benefit of using Google Wave is ease and speed of communication. It can, of course, handle sharing files and other tasks. But discussion is where it shines: The simple ability to have a real-time conversation that you can search later is particularly useful.“
- Foursquare Dating App: Check-in and Check Out „Using the Singles iPhone app, users sign in with Foursquare and create a simple bio. Then, they check in directly with the app, which uses the Foursquare API. If there are others checked in who are also using Singles, one of them can initiate a text conversation, which hopefully would lead to an actual, talk face-to-face interaction.“
- Microsoft Bing Maps hat NICHT OpenStreetMap integriert sondern nur versucht es farblich nachzumachen!
- Archos 32 Android „Tablet“ mit 3,2 Zoll für 150$
- Apple-Rechner, ungesichert im Sinne des Gesetzes
- The Kindle update „Naturally, the tech press is already declaring it “dead”, because the tech press loves product “killers” and other perceptions to completely rule out entire classes of products because they lack the empathy or worldview to recognize these products’ markets.“
- 1 Jahr Samwer Report bei Exciting Commerce „Was ist dran am Samwer-Mythos? Seit gut einem Jahr gibt es den Samwer Report bei Exciting Commerce, der sich binnen kürzester Zeit zu einem der populärsten Exciting Commerce Formate gemausert hat.“
- Google Reader is Behind the Times – Here is What They Can Do to Fix That „While RSS is certainly not dead, the Social Graph most definitely reigns supreme – embrace it. Use Facebook Graph API. Use Twitter’s API. Otherwise Google is going to get left in the dust by competitors that do. Users want this.“
- Why Checking Into Foursquare With Your Phone in Your Pocket Won’t Always Work „Problem is—though this sounds really amazing—such uses of background location services are bound by hardware / software limitations and aren’t quite ready for primetime. The Future Checkin app (which is obviously an innovative example of using Foursquare’s API) reveals why: this app specifies a 300 meter check-in radius, which is equivalent to about four city blocks.“
- Amazon Web Services sees $500M revenues, partly due to social games „And the latest analyst estimates suggest that Amazon Web Services has become a huge business, with revenues of $500 million in 2010, according to UBS Investment Research. And that success is due in no small part to the rapid rise of social games such as FarmVille on Facebook.“
- Chrome users: you can now drag and drop Gmail attachments to your desktop!
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.