Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- ★ Compromise "Microsoft and Apple are going in two very different directions, especially when you compare iOS to Windows 8. Apple has embraced compromise. The compromises in iOS are, for many people in many contexts, what makes the iPad better than a Mac. The compromises enforce simplicity and obviousness in design, and at a technical level they lead to iOS’s excellent battery life."
- Polymath "Apple’s violent success should serve as a powerful beacon that others should follow. Rather than copying its products other companies should copy Apple’s processes–its way of thinking. They should copy how Apple harbors the creative process and the technology processes under the same roof."
- The case for the iPad’s future "So until buyers find the n+1 version of the iPad to be superfluous and over-specced, having too much battery life, too big a screen, too much storage and with more speed and bandwidth than needed, the iPad need not fear the low end."
- Publishing company Pearson wants people to mash up its content, open-sources API
- Netz-Helfer: linguee.de Linguee ist super.
- Wikileaks: Datengau durch Verpeilung
- Are Any Of The Patents Google Got With Motorola Mobility Any Good?
- Kevin Smith Explains Why He Had To Waste $9,316 On Movie Ads That He Didn’t Want Or Need
- Does The Punishment Fit The Crime? Is Manslaughter An Equivalent Crime To Copyright Infringement?
- Google’s New HTML5 Chrome Apps For Gmail, Calendar And Docs Give Users Offline Access
- Sony’s new Reader Wi-Fi is the world’s lightest 6-inch e-reader with multitouch screen
- Can HTML5 replace an iPad app? Financial Times to find out
- Exclusive: Facebook opens up about open-source software "“Engineers enjoy working on open source,” Recordon said. “Culturally, it allows engineers to talk about what they’re working on publicly. Open-source software also allows people to see the kind of infrastructure we build. It gets people in some areas a taste of the code we’re running in production.”
In addition to working on in-house OSS projects, Facebook engineers are frequently core contributors to other open-source projects, such as Hadoop and Hive. “But those are tools [the data infrastructure team] uses to get their job done,” said Recordon."
- Pakistan Bans Encryption
- Dolphin Browser on iOS is solid, but will you use it?
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.
Schreibe einen Kommentar
Du musst angemeldet sein, um einen Kommentar abzugeben.