Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Oink: Die etwas andere Bewertungsplattform » netzwertig.com Scheint mir eine Art Amen mit besserem Hebel zu sein.
- The Convergence Einfaches, aber effektives Online-Game.
- The Netflix Tech Blog: Benchmarking Cassandra Scalability on AWS – Over a million writes per second „The rest of this post is the details of what we ran and how it worked, so that other performance teams working with Cassandra on AWS can leverage our work and replicate and extend our results.“
- resume.io „Crazy-simple online resumes.“
- Reid Hoffman of LinkedIn Has Become the Go-To Guy of Tech – NYTimes.com „According to lore, Archimedes created a device with a revolving screw-shaped blade to pump water against gravity: the Archimedes screw. Mr. Hoffman urges his followers to find their own levers and devices to encourage people to adopt their technologies. Entrepreneurs, he says, often spend too much time creating products and too little figuring out how to get people to use them.
Archimedes is reputed to have said that, given a lever big enough and a place to stand, he could move the world.
“It’s not really quite true, once you understand Newtonian physics, but it is an accurate metaphor,” Mr. Hoffman says. “Build a compact piece of work with the right leverage, and you can solve a very big problem.”“
- Google Ponders Pay-TV Business – WSJ.com
- Apple’s Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers – Businessweek „That mentality—spend exorbitantly wherever necessary, and reap the benefits from greater volume in the long run—is institutionalized throughout Apple’s supply chain, and begins at the design stage.“
- Powered by foursquare, roadninja is your interstate exit guide – The Next Web Clevere Foursquare-App: „Roadninja will track your location, and alert you with a push notification when you’re two miles away from an exit. At that time, you can tap on the exit you’d like to find out about, and you’ll be shown all of the places in the foursquare database close to it.“
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.