Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Google Announces Plans To Shutter Knol, Friend Connect, Wave, And More | TechCrunch „Among the casualties (some of which had previously been announced): Google’s Wikipedia challenger, Google Knol, Google Friend Connect (which is being supplanted by Google+), and Google Wave — which Google ended development on a year ago and will soon close down entirely.“
- EPUB 3: Building a standard on unstable ground
- Can ‘Pay a Blogger Day’ help Flattr gain velocity?
- The Definitive Post On Why SOPA And Protect IP Are Bad, Bad Ideas „Even worse, it appears that Universal Music also included the personal website of one of its own top artists, 50Cent. The hiphop star has a personal website as well as a website owned by Universal Music. The personal website is much more popular… and it appeared on the infringement list. Suddenly, you can see how letting companies declare what sites are dedicated to infringement can lead to them looking to stifle speech and competition.“
- Test: Das Nokia Lumia 800
- REVIEW: Siri is a seriously good innovation – even in beta – Chicago Sun-Times „Fundamentally, Siri could be as transformative to the phone as the mouse-menus-windows paradigm was to the desktop computer. It’s perfectly tailored to the device it runs on. You use a desktop when you need to arrange flights, a hotel, and a rental car for a business trip to Dallas in two weeks. You use a phone when you’re walking through the airport after a delayed flight and trying to figure out how to rearrange your schedule.“
- Heroku launches SQL database as a service — Cloud Computing News „Platform-as-a-service provider Heroku is expanding its horizons by offering an on-demand version of the PostgreSQL database as a service. The new service, aptly called Heroku Postgres, is a commercial version of what Heroku has been providing to its own developers for years, only it’s now available to all developers regardless where they host their applications. It’s a pretty bold move for Heroku to offer a database service, but it also makes perfect sense.“
- The Facebook Phone: The „Slayer“ That Wasn’t – AllThingsD Hintergrundgeschichte zum Facedroid.
- parislemon • iPhone 4S Becomes Second Most Popular Cameraphone on Flickr „It took just 5 weeks. The only one ahead of it? The iPhone 4.
By the way, numbers three and four? The iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS.“
- Spotify: Rechnet sich Streaming für den Künstler? Wie viel wird tatsächlich gezahlt?
- MediaShift Idea Lab . #DontBreakTheInternet: How The Web Became a Political Force vs. SOPA | PBS „I need to take a minute and let you marinate on Tumblr’s part in all of this. The service combines Twitter and blogging and has grown 900 percent in the last year. With 30 minutes‘ notice, Tumblr got hooked up with Mobile Commons, another New York-based start-up. And then they delivered an average of 3.6 calls per second to Congress.“
- Facebook Testing Messenger for Windows Ticker+Chat Desktop Client | TechCrunch „Facebook today began allowing a limited test group of users to download a new Facebook Messenger for Windows 7 desktop client. It provides access to Chat, the Ticker feed, and notifications.“
- Google Just Snuck Most of Chrome OS Onto the iPad – The Next Web „Chrome, as an OS that was meant to be run ‘in the browser’ is an ideal candidate for seeding onto rival platforms. It can exist as a standalone entity in a way that no other OS can. That’s its power and what makes the way that this app was built and released so interesting.
It’s also interesting that the app is simply labeled ‘Google’ and not ‘Google Search’, which is the real name of the app and well within the iOS character limit for app names.“
- Digital Music News – Traditional Radio Advertising Has Been Increasing for Nearly Two Years… „No, traditional broadcast radio isn’t booming. But it’s also not dying: not yet, and not in this economy: according to financial figures shared today by the Radio Advertising Bureau, traditional advertising revenues have been gaining for seven consecutive quarters, or nearly two years.“
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.