Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Salesforce Debuts The New Radian6-Powered Social Marketing And Monitoring Cloud | TechCrunch „Radian6, which was acquired by Salesforce for $326 million earlier this year, has offered some of the world’s largest brands a web-based social media monitoring platform. Brands like Dell, GE, Southwest Airlines, Kodak and UPS use the service to monitor, analyze and engage in ‘hundreds of millions’ of social media conversations. But until now, Salesforce has not integrated Radian6 into its suite of cloud-based products. Today, the CRM giant is unveiling the new Radian6-powered social marketing and monitoring cloud.“
- Microsoft enables Android and iOS users to experience Windows Phone 7… via the web — Engadget „By visiting http://aka.ms/wpdemo on one’s iOS or Android browser, you’ll be immediately tunneled into a emulation of Windows Phone 7.“
- Impending crisis for Microsoft: Office tablet pricing | ZDNet Microsoft should be able to pull off an adequate tablet version of the main Office apps, that shouldn’t be a big concern. What is up in the air is the pricing for this, and that’s why the rumored iPad version of Office is so significant. It makes sense that tablet versions, iPad or Windows 8, should be priced competitively to similar apps in the app stores. Too highly priced and the Office apps will be poorly received and Microsoft will not compete well. That will result in the failure to recoup the heavy development/support costs this suite will require.
- Love Your Space with Sankt Oberholz Co-Working | Silicon Allee Da sitze ich jetzt auch.
- Facebook plant Riesen-Börsengang ab April „Der Umsatz dürfte zum Börsengang die Marke von vier Milliarden Dollar im Jahr erreichen, schrieb das Wall Street Journal.“
- Buffer: Fast 3 Millionen versendete Tweets, über 50.000 Dollar Umsatz “ Über 1000 Kunden zahlen für das kostenpflichtige Premium-Angebot, das eine erweiterte Funktionalität mitbringt.“
- Sonos updates software to 3.6 „Slacker Radio is now available as a free music service on Sonos in the United States and Canada.
Improved Spotify integration on Sonos, providing access to the Spotify Inbox and ability to play music from Spotify’s new releases and top tracks.“
- Exciting Commerce: Dawanda holt 4 Mio. Euro Kapital von Vorwerk und anderen „Dawanda arbeitet eigenen Angaben zufolge seit 2010 profitabel – und zählt zu den immer noch ganz wenigen Erfolgsgeschichten im Social Shopping Segment.“
- Give me that one command you wish you knew years ago. I’ll start. : linux
- Netflix: Obvious Takeover Bait, Or Risky Value Trap? – Forbes Was noch für Netflix spricht: „The company has tremendous, nearly ubiquitous distribution. There are Netflix streaming clients on almost every type of consumer electronics device. There are Netflix clients on every major console gaming platform; you can watch Netflix movies on PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads and Android devices. Netflix has snuck clients onto a wide variety of Blu-Ray players and digital televisions. The software is simply everywhere, something that none of its competitors can claim. There are at least a half-dozen devices in my house that have software from Netflix; that ubiquity is a huge strategic advantage.“
- Why The PayPal „Mafia“ Was So Great: Yammer CEO David Sacks Explains „Why PayPal spawned so many success stories. The company never hired professional recruiters or headhunters, so the founders hired people who resembled them in terms of scrappiness and smarts. Also, the company never believed conventional wisdom about what it could not do, and it failed a lot, fast. Some of the lessons learned, like to stick with visionary founders over „professional“ managers, and to use platforms from bigger companies to spread virally, are now commonly accepted wisdom.“
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.