Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Why we are buying paidContent — Tech News and Analysis GigaOm kauft paidContent. Sehr gut.
- Google and affliction of me-too-ism „Where Google does have a stellar track record is web infrastructure and innovations in network design and architecture. And that is because, infrastructure is Google’s DNA.“
- LinkedIn Beats The Street, Q4 Revenue Up 105 Percent To $167.7M | TechCrunch
- Tribler Makes BitTorrent Impossible to Shut Down | TorrentFreak „Downloading a torrent is also totally decentralized. When a user clicks on one of the search results, the meta-data is pulled in from another peer and the download starts immediately. Tribler is based on the standard BitTorrent protocol and uses regular BitTorrent trackers to communicate with other peers. But, it can also continue downloading when a central tracker goes down.The same is true for spam control. Where most torrent sites have a team of moderators to delete viruses, malware and fake files, Tribler uses crowd-sourcing to keep the network clean. Content is verified by user generated “channels”, which can be “liked” by others. When more people like a channel, the associated torrents get a boost in the search results.
The latest addition to Tribler is a Wikipedia-style editing system dubbed “Open2Edit,” where users have the option to edit names and descriptions of torrents in public channels. All without a central server, totally decentralized.“
- iOS Address Book access should prompt the user for permission – Marco.org Yep.
- heise online | Lettland setzt ACTA-Ratifizierung vorerst aus
- EyeEm Launches API to Help Break from the Photo-Sharing Pack „The API is read-only at the moment, although the ability to post photos to EyeEm from third party apps is in the pipeline – something that Instagram seems opposed to. The API currently offers access to user photos, albums, favourites, likes and comments, as well as topics and photo tags by city, country, venue and by event.“
- Netvibes acquired by Dassault Systèmes for $26M — Tech News and Analysis
- Why Techmeme now lists events, and how to get your event listed – Techmeme News Techmeme bleibt eines der spannendsten neuartigen Newsangebote im Netz.
- Pinterest Hits 10 Million U.S. Monthly Uniques Faster Than Any Standalone Site Ever -comScore | TechCrunch Immer das gleiche. Bessere Vernetzung der Umgebung -> Rekord-Wachstum.
- Wolfram Alpha Pro democratizes data analysis: an in-depth look at the $4.99 a month service | The Verge Das sieht sehr spannend aus: „We’re excited by the possibilities of Wolfram Alpha Pro, and not just for the realm of academics and research. Regular users may not have had much reason to dig into the service before now, but the ability to bring the entire brunt of Wolfram Alpha’s computational engine on any arbitrary piece of data democratizes the idea of statistical analysis.“
- Path’s Trust Misstep May Hurt Upcoming Health Data Features | Lifestream Blog „So it’s now clear that Path is definitely going to integrate health tracking devices and data into their app.“
- Gut gemeinte Intransparenz im Sinne des Nutzers?
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.