Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Apple TV vs. the new Apple TV (2012): what’s changed? — Engadget
- Techdirt: The True Damage Of An Illegitimate DMCA Takedown Goes Much Further Than Simple ‚Inconvenience‘ "The page it was on disappeared… and with it, all the comments, favourites, and the record of its views disappeared too. That stuff matters only because I'm vain… but every blog that linked to it now has a broken link that goes nowhere and that matters because links are what make the internet the internet. With all those links broken, 6 years worth of photo-sharing has been undone."
- Facebook SoLoMo-fies The Platform, Lets Apps Tag Friends and Places – TechCrunch "Get ready for another wave of social location-based mobile apps. Facebook has just opened new APIs that allow apps on its platform to tag posts with friends and Places, read the location of your old posts, and search for specific posts by coordinates and distance parameters. Additionally, Open Graph apps can now play back video and display big photos in news feed and Timeline."
- Im Ententeich – Das Leistungsschutzrecht wird floppen
- Apple’s iPad with retina display, quad core graphics ships March 16 ""To this day, no one has yet matched that display technology on any mobile device," Phil Schiller said of the 2048×1536 display, which works out to 264 pixels per inch. The new A5X chip is meant to excel at graphics, and has four times the performance of NVIDIA's quad-core Tegra 3 chip, said Schiller.
While the iPad's new camera doesn't match the iPhone 4S in resolution, it will adopt some of the iPhone 4S camera's features, including backside illumination, an IR filter, and built-in stabilization. The camera will also be able to record 1080p video."
- Danish Trade Minister Apologizes For Using Bogus Industry Numbers To Support Pro-ACTA Argument | Techdirt "What really appears to have happened is that the head of the rights organization used the (already questionable) IFPI report from three years ago that 95% of all music downloads were unauthorized. That number was widely attacked at the time, but even more important, that was a global number, not a Danish specific one. Furthermore, a lot has changed in three years. The TV presenter highlights a variety of research reports that show that actual infringement is almost certainly less than 50% and potentially much lower. And much of the reason why the number is low… is the rise of authorized services."
- LowLine: An Underground Park on NYC’s Lower East Side by Dan Barasch — Kickstarter Faszinierend, was so alles über Kickstarter vorfinanziert wird.
"A few years ago, we learned about a massive unused former trolley terminal in our neighborhood, the Lower East Side. We got to thinking: what if we could build a park– underground– even if the space lacked natural sunlight? So we explored using fiber optic cables to transfer sunlight below ground– to support the growth of plants and trees. As we shared this idea with others, people got excited. "An underground High Line for the Lower East Side," they'd say. "Kind of like… a LowLine." The nickname stuck."
- “Single point of failure”: Viele Webdienste sind auf Facebook-Ausfall nicht vorbereitet » netzwertig.com
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.