Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Warnhinweise bei Urheberrechtsbruch auch für Verlage? | der presseschauer
- Asteroid mining company Planetary Resources to launch first ‚Arkyd‘ spaceship within 24 months | The Verge
- With 5M corporate users, Yammer adds more third-party integration, Universal Search, & more | VentureBeat
- Why Tablets Will Become Our Primary Computing Device | Forrester Blogs "As a result of the compelling user experience of Apple’s iPad and the content-focused experience of the Amazon Kindle Fire, and other tablets, global tablets sales will continue to grow sharply over the next five years. We forecast sales rising from 56 million in 2011 to 375 million in 2016. Given that a majority of tablets will be retired within three years of purchase, we forecast that there will be 760 million tablets in use globally by 2016. One-third of these tablets will be purchased by businesses, and emerging markets will drive about 40% of sales."
- Native Android apps can now get distribution through Facebook discovery channels
- Apple beats estimates a second time at $39.2 billion in revenue | VentureBeat "The company also announced it has sold 35.1 million iPhones, after selling 37 million last quarter post the October launch of the iPhone 4S. Overall, this quarter Apple sold 365 million iOS devices around the world. The app store also hit its 25 billionth downloaded app in March. Cook explained that Apple depends on its developers and doesn’t want to be the only company developing for its customers."
- Apple Stores Continue To Be A Juggernaut, With $4.4B In Revenue, 85M Visitors To Stores In Q2 | TechCrunch "Apple just reported its second quarter earnings, revealing that the revenue from its Apple Stores was at 4.4 billion, an increase of 38 percent year over year."
- Apple Profit Rises 94% on Growing Global IPhone Demand – Bloomberg "Net income in the fiscal second quarter climbed to $11.6 billion, or $12.30 a share, as revenue increased 59 percent to $39.2 billion, Cupertino, California-based Apple said today in a statement."
- Google Drive officially launches with 5GB free storage, Google Docs integration | The Verge "Google has just made Google Drive official. As expected, the service will offer 5GB of storage space for documents, videos, photos, PDFs and other files, and Google Docs is built-in to the service. Users will be able to upgrade to 25GB of space for $2.49 a month, 100GB for $4.99 a month, or 1TB for $49.99 a month, and upgrading to a paid account will expand your Gmail storage to 25GB."
- When Elephants Attack | The Box Blog "We needed to find a market where customers valued more than just the storage of the bits, but also elements like platform, collaboration, openness and security – areas that could be continually and sustainably innovated around. And that’s why we decided to focus on the enterprise market. Fast forward 6 years, and this differentiation is the reason that we have 10 million people on Box, thousands of developers building apps on our platform, and 120,000 businesses actively using the service, including 82% of the Fortune 500. It’s also why we give our enterprise customers unlimited storage."
- Asana Aims to be the Most Important Business Tool Bar Email Asana wird erwachsen. "Until today, companies were limited to a maximum of 30 people in a workspace. Now, Asana is available to teams larger than 30 through Premium Workspaces and any team can upgrade their existing Workspace to a Premium Workspace, which offers:
More Workspace members – upgrade to a higher tier of members, starting at just $300/month for up to 50 teammates. Tiers of 75, 100, or more members are also available.
Project-level Permissions – share private Projects with a small group within your Workspace, so exactly the right people see the Projects they should see.
Priority Support – questions and issues from customers in Premium Workspaces go to the front of the line for response from our outstanding support team."
- Quora: We’re Not Just About Tech Content, You Know? "Quora examined all answers posted on the site in the past three months and saved those which received at least three upvotes. After some topic assigning and categorization, Quora found that these quality answers (defined by the three upvotes) were spread out fairly equally across four topics: Business and Tech (24 percent), Food and Entertainment (23 percent), Politics and Social Sciences (20 percent) and Health and Life Advice (20 percent)."
- In eigener Sache: Die Buchbranchen-Jobbörse ist kostenlos und selbstständig nutzbar | Leander Wattig
- Techdirt: 50 Cent Sued Over Infringing Sample; When Will Hip-Hop’s Stars Speak Up About Copyright? "This is just another example of how copyright is totally out of sync with reality. This kind of activity is indispensable to culture, and it doesn't stop no matter what the law says—but it does get stifled, and driven underground, which is the opposite of what copyright is supposed to accomplish."
- Exciting Commerce: Der Otto-Konzern zwischen Aufbruchs- und Untergangsstimmung
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.
Schreibe einen Kommentar
Du musst angemeldet sein, um einen Kommentar abzugeben.