Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- Numbers at ACTA demonstrations exceed expectations | EDRI „With all of this reassurance that ACTA is no longer a danger, today’s protests were never going to be as big as those that erupted across Europe in February. Remarkably, however, despite report after report that ACTA is dead, thousands of mainly young citizens from Ireland to Greece, from Latvia to Portugal took to the streets to protect the digital heritage created by this generation so that it can be passed on – unharmed and free – to future generations.“
- Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger: Acta ohne Urheberrecht verabschieden – Golem.de
- It’s Not A Bursting Bubble. It’s a Correction And It Will Take Awhile. – TechCrunch Exakt.
- Dr. Koop and The Bubble by Dustin Curtis Wie eine echte Internetblase aussieht.
- MOG just landed on a new device platform: Fords „The key to service is an updated version of MOG’s iPhone app, which automatically connects to Sync when connected via the USB port in 2012 Sync-enabled vehicles, including the Fiesta, Fusion, F-150, Super Duty, E-Series, Mustang and Expedition. The app can relay its settings, playlists and downloaded content to the car’s stereo. It also uses the iPhone’s 3G connectivity to link to MOG’s Internet-based services, giving the driver access to MOG’s curated radio stations, as well as playlist and ‘favorite’ songs not stored within the phone.“
- E-book upstart Txtr signs majors for U.S. push „It already had content deals with Random House and a few others, but it’s now adding to its roster with deals to add titles from Hachette, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Wily and Penguin — as well as the Ingram Content Group’s Core Source Plus program. „
- Would Bradley Manning Face The Same Charges If He Leaked Same Info To NYTimes Instead Of Wikileaks?
- SFX/Live Nation Founder Bob Sillerman Betting $1 Billion On Electronic Dance Music „There’s a wave of interest in attending concerts that have less to do with the specific music and more to do with the experience attached to the music,“ Sillerman told the Times. „Our thought is that the experience of attending an individual event can be perpetuated and made better by connecting the people, not just when they’re consuming the entertainment but when they’re away from it.““
- Good week for startups: Two huge VC firms collectively raise over $500M
- Netflix’s new ‘Open Connect Network’
- IndieGoGo raises $15M from Khosla Ventures, doesn’t use Kickstarter to get it „IndieGoGo has served over 100,000 projects in 196 countries, helping people find funding for projects of many different sizes. „
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.