Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- re/spin importiert Playlists von Last.fm und Spotify in Rdio
- Simplicity — Benedict Evans "Apple sells devices – circuit boards in boxes at a 30-50% gross margin. It makes them with a certain kind of experience, where it can add significant value in the software and hardware integration. It wants to control as much of the experience as is possible. It will not sell devices below a certain quality of experience just to hit a price point.
Amazon is an ecommerce platform – a warehouse with a search engine. As every new category goes online – as buyers and sellers become willing to buy and sell that product online – Amazon is there with the best logistics and the best selling platform. Meanwhile, it continually reinvests profits in infrastructure and new businesses to drive further growth – taking profit now is just wasted investment.
Google is a search engine and an advertising business, powered by a a decade-old machine learning engine that it feeds with as much data as possible, and it needs reach, in every sense – to feed the machine with data and to deliver search results (and advertising)."
- Tim Renner über die heutige Musikbranche
- Will ad-avoidance kill content?
- ★ Thoughts and Observations Regarding This Week’s Apple Event Introducing the iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini
- Safari Push Notifications – Apple Developer "OS X Mavericks introduces a powerful new way to keep users engaged with your website. You can now use the Apple Push Notifications Service to send notifications to your website users, right on their Mac desktop — even when Safari isn’t running. Safari Push Notifications work just like push notifications for apps. They display your website icon and notification text, which users can click to go right to your website."
- Musikstreaming: Fünf wichtige Updates zu Spotify, Ampya, Deezer, Simpfy und Wimp Gute Übersicht über ein paar aktuelle Entwicklungen.
- WordPress 3.7 „Basie“ ist fertig » WordPress Deutschland News Wann kam eigentlich das letzte Mal eine neue WordPress-Version mit interessanten Neuerungen?
- Katholiken predigen Netzneutralität und Datenschutz
- Twitter Prices Its IPO at a Conservative $11 Billion
- Is the iPad 2 the greatest tech product ever?
- The value of zero-priced software "I believe the logic for Apple is that usage of the products determines their value and therefore placing powerful software in the hands of more users means they will value the entire system more. This leads to the notion of greater “stickiness” or “lock-in” but also to higher satisfaction and loyalty, rate of upgrades and even more third party purchases and yet more usage."
- Ausprobiert: Medions Aldi-Tablet mit Android für 100 Euro
Weitere Linktipps zu lesenswerten Artikeln.