Lesenswerte Analysen, Hintergrundberichte und interessante News:
- The first unit is expensive: Wu-Tang Clan edition
- MPAA and RIAA Members Uploaded Over 2,000 Gigabytes to Megaupload „However, data from Megaupload’s database shared with TorrentFreak shows that employees of MPAA and RIAA member companies had hundreds of accounts at the file-storage site. This includes people working at Disney, Warner Bros., Paramount, 20th Century Fox, Universal Music Group, Sony, and Warner Music.In total, there were 490 Megaupload accounts that were connected to MPAA and RIAA members, who sent 181 premium payments in total. Together, these users uploaded 16,455 files which are good for more than 2,097 gigabytes in storage.
Remember, those are only from addresses that could be easily identified as belonging to a major movie studio or record label, so the real numbers should be much higher.“
- Bessere Branchenpublikationen für den Online-Handel
- Mehr App-Store-Preisbewusstsein wird gesucht
- reeder vs. unread Beide sind gute RSS-Apps.
- Copyright Maximalists‘ Incredible Sense Of Entitlement: If It Challenges The Biz Model We Chose, It Must Be Illegal „One thing we’ve discussed in the past is that the gatekeepers (and it always is the gatekeepers) have an issue of constantly overvaluing the content and undervaluing the service. That is, any time they see a new service come along that the public really likes, they insist that all or nearly all of the value must be attributable to the content and not the service. Thus, they will always argue that „the service“ is somehow ripping them off. We’ve seen it over and over again, from ringtone royalties to Guitar Hero to Pandora and others.“
- Gramofon: Die “Cloud Jukebox” von Fon
- Significant Digits Episode 1 Part 1 | „In this inaugural episode we open with the biggest question facing the biggest technological innovation of our time: the limit to growth of the Internet. The Internet is the backbone of our post-industrial society as much as the railroad was the backbone of the industrial revolution. Even more so, the diffusion of internet consumption is the fundamental engine of growth at a time when industrial economies are all mired in syndromes of underinvestment and misallocation of resources.“
- Rather than copying Facebook’s old school website,… – newnetland “Rather than copying Facebook’s old school website, I think twitter might be better served copying Facebook’s conglomerate approach. In particular by creating a second app for casual users along the lines of Facebook Paper.”
-Twitter should copy Facebook the Conglomerate or Facebook Paper, not Facebook the web site. | Praxtime
- Daring Fireball: No One Said Following Is Easy „Of course Android followed the iPhone’s lead. But what else was Google to do? It took genius to conceive and create the original iPhone. But once it was revealed — and especially once it hit the market — anyone with a lick of sense could see that this was how all such devices should work. If Google had stuck to its original design for Android, it wouldn’t have succeeded in a post-iPhone world — it would have been Windows Mobile without the existing market share.“
- Researchers Claim That Releasing YouTube Music Videos Reduces Album Sales „YouTube is a major streaming music service that’s monetized primarily by advertising. The researchers leave out that revenue in their calculation of loss which is one of many glaring errors in that calculation.However the major streaming music service part they got right. That means that YouTube competes with any other source of music whether physical, streaming or downloaded.
So, yes, some people will choose to go to YouTube for the big singles that all get made into visually appealing videos. And they won’t buy the album because they have a legal video alternative that’s better than an MP3 and cuts out all the filler.“
- Documentaries focus on deaths at Samsung plant « John Moltz’s Very Nice Web Site
- Software eats software development
- Netflix startet im September in Deutschland ⊂·⊃ CURVED.de „Wie CURVED von mehreren mit dem Prozess vertrauten Personen erfahren konnte, geht der Deutschland-Ableger noch in diesem Herbst live. Im September soll Netflix dann seinen deutschen Service starten. Das Unternehmen will den Launchtermin auf Anfrage noch nicht kommentieren. Doch parallel zum Marktstart ist auch eine großangelegte Werbekampagne in deutschen Großstädten geplant.“
- Imogen Heap crowdfunding an Open Source version of Musical Glowes | Open Electronics „Imogen Heap is crowdfunding an Open Source version of the state-of-the-art wearable tech that let’s control sounds with your hands.“
Die Linktipps können <„https://twitter.com/neunetzfh“>auf Twitter und auf App.net abonniert werden.